PrestaShop 1.7.x

Let’s talk about Prestashop 1.7!

As we are willing to learn from your experience, here is our suggestion box! Feedbacks, feature requests, etc. feel free to take part in the adventure, it will be a great help to improve PrestaShop and keep planning its future.

You can either submit an idea, follow its evolution, comment or vote for other ideas. Of course, it does not mean we will automatically develop each idea but still, it is the perfect place to give you the mic and brainstorm improvements.

PrestaShop is an open-source project which means that the core software is available for free. All the ideas listed in this forum are dedicated to native features.

Please make sure to be understandable for everyone by writing your ideas or comments in English. ;-)

Want to go further to know more about the current PrestaShop projects (that might start here)? Join our User Club!

PrestaShop Team

How can we improve PrestaShop 1.7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Product comparison engine

The possibility to compare the different products on my store will help the user to find the right one. It will bring better user experience and more activity in the shop, hopefully increasing the conversion rate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Vector Graphic (SVG)

Since SVG Files adapt smoothly to any screen size, fuzzy logos and graphics are a thing of the past.

Should also be included in E-Mail and PDF Templates (Invoice, Delivery Slip...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Possibility to negate checkbox filter

I need to filter a catalog for the absence of an allergenic ingredient, created using features.
    It would be interesting to negate this condition and return the list of the product that not contain a specific feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export content for translation in XLF

As a merchant, I would like to export my content (Product sheet, CMS page...) in XLF format to send on external translation platform.

So I would like to export and import content in XLF format to translate my content easily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Merchant  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set Quantity discounts for each product combinations, not only for the default combination

Set Quantity discounts for each product combinations, not only for the default combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit the shipping Price on manual order creation

To adjust the shipping price from the different marketplace order when a manual one is created, I would like to edit the shipping price in the order creation process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Duplicate product without the product images

When I duplicate a product I would like it to be duplicate without the images, gain pace on my product creation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to add a fee if total order value is below a specific amount

It is already possible in 1.7 to set a minimum purchase total required in order to validate the order.
    i.e.: order not possible if order total <$50

This new option would make it possible to always to validate an order but add a fee if the order total is below a specific amount.
    i.e.: if order total <$50, an extra fee is added

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable emails

In some circumstances, especially when PS is integrated with a BackOffice system, we're in the need to disable Order Confirmation email.
    That's because the order confirmation is processed by the backoffice system and the user would receive more than one mail for his order.
    I've seen that is hard coded without any check on any constant related to a possible configuration.

Would be nice to have a feature to be able to disable some emails in Design > Email theme

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fixed product price in every currency

It would be very useful to set a fixed price of a product in every currency. Right now they are converted by a currency exchange rate. Therefore the converted prices look weird plus they need to change often. In our case it would be better to specify a fixed product price in every currency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Product Combination should also change Dimensions and Weight of the Product

Product Combinations should have their own Dimensions and Weight! The shipping carriers differ between their max dimensions + weight but without a change of the based dimensions / weight, this functionality can't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different Product Sorting in Category for each language

It would be great to have a different sorting for each language. Right now there is a way to define the position of a product within a category but it's not possible to define the position for each language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remove specific price using "Import CSV"

The import tool in PrestaShop allows to set and update specific prices for products, but there is no way to remove a specific price for a product via import.

If you import a product using .csv file and you put in csv column "Discount percent"= 20 works fine. 20% discount is applied.

Now, if you want to remove the discount and you put in "discount percent"=0 or empty doesn't work. Is maintained 20%.
    This issue already happened in PS1.6.X

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add new products and update prices with Google spreadsheet

It would be useful to be able to update prices and add new products through Google Spreadsheet.
    This way you can update large quantities of products in bulk and have the price controlled at all times.
    Something like a Google Merchant Center-style data feed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Zoom on product images on the order list

Some products images can seem very similar, so a zoom on the image or open the image on a popup will help on the order managment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Price per unit for product pack like Alibaba marketplace

The objective is to highlight more the unit price than the price of the whole package. It'll make it look like cheaper. For some marketplaces is a must, a behavior found on the Alibaba for example. A nice to have will be to set a price by a range of quantity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add new references in Product Page (MPN, EAN 14...)

The ability to add as much as we want new references for example Manufacturer Part Number or more specific references depending on the industry.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cryptocurrency XIN -- Kryptowährung XIN

I am looking for a shop that can deal with the cryptocurrency XIN (a token from Infinity-Economics, which is actually organized through a DAO).

Infinity Economics (IE) is a blockchain that is not managed by any company and therefore open source. IE is technically mature and has been running without interruption since two years. I will use IE, for the sake of many, native functions built into the blockchain, also outside my shop.

This then requires a shop, which can actually support the cryptocurrency XIN.
    Besides this, I believe that IE's ideological attitude is worth supporting this blockchain.

------- Deutsch…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Colours

We need to have the facility in setting up RGB colours for example paint and have a section were we can add a name and add all the colours to that section, example Crown paint colours, Macpherson Colors and so on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. better accessoires

Standard Accessoires should be linked vice versa.

Additional it should be possible to have accessoires by category (or by special "List" function).
    Example: All skis have the same ski poles --> If i activate Accessoires List "Poles" in one Product --> Products in List "Poles" are linked as accessoires List on the product.

Take a look at Shopware Function "Product Streams"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

PrestaShop 1.7.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base